dumb stuff

Taking note of the ridiculous...

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

dumb stuff #32

I saw a young girl with a yo-yo the other day and it reminded me of something. I used to love the yo-yo when I was younger. I had it with me all the time. When I was 12, my family went on a month long vacation out west. Of course, I brought my trusty yo-yo with me. We would be in the car driving all day and sometimes I needed something to pass the time so, I tied my yo-yo up on the hook thingy above the window and swung it back and forth. My glasses became my protective goggles, as the yo crashed into my face time and time again. So, when I saw that girl I was reminded of my yo-yo crashing into me, and no matter how much pain I was in or how many times I missed catching it, I kept that stupid yo-yo tied up to the hook...that's dumb.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger j. said…

    i definately read it the first time through and though it said "HO HO" which is a chocholaty cream filled snack cake. I was like why would she tie a snack cake to a string?

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger nicole said…

    Godd idea, I've never thought of that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home